Skyber Byghan Terms and Conditions
Contract and general terms
The contract is between you and the owners of Skyber Byghan, Nic and Miranda Field.
• Your booking is for holiday purposes only unless otherwise agreed in writing.
• The cottage is only let to those people specified on the booking form. No sub-letting is permitted.
• You agree not to smoke inside the cottage.
• You agree that the number of people occupying the cottage will not exceed the number stated on the booking form without our explicit agreement. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
• You agree to take all your belongings with you at the end of your stay as we cannot guarantee to find missing items or return them to you.
• You agree to allow us, or our agents, the right of entry at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out essential repairs or maintenance.
Unless otherwise agreed, the cottage is booked from Friday to Friday. Dates for short break bookings will be agreed at the time of enquiry but are normally Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday.
Arrival / departure times
In order to ensure that we have time to prepare the cottage properly for the next guests, we request that guests leave the property by 10am and arrive after 4 pm unless by prior arrangement.
We do not charge a booking fee. We will confirm your booking upon receipt of the deposit.
In order to secure your booking, we require a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the applicable rental together with your booking form. Short breaks are payable in full at the time of booking. Receipt of all monies will be acknowledged in writing or via email if an email address is given.
Payment of balance
The balance is payable 6 weeks before the start of your holiday or when the holiday is booked, if booking within 6 weeks of the start date. Short Breaks are payable in full at the time of booking.
We accept payment by cheque (drawn on a UK bank), electronic bank transfer in GB Pounds or Credit/Debit card via Paypal.
Cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made before 8 weeks of the start of your holiday will result in the loss of the deposit. Cancellations made later than this may result in the loss of the full rental amount. In the event of a cancellation, we will try to re-let the cottage. If we are successful we will refund the balance less an administration charge of £50, at our discretion. Since we cannot guarantee that we will be able to re-let the cottage, we recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance. In the event that the cottage becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire, theft or damage), our liability will be limited to the amount of any payments received, which we will refund in full.
A refundable damage deposit of £100 is payable with each booking. The damage deposit will be refunded by cheque within two weeks of the end of your stay, less any costs for breakages, damage etc if applicable. We expect all guests to take all proper and reasonable care of the cottage, its furniture, pictures and effects and to leave the cottage in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the start. We reserve the right to charge an extra cleaning charge if the cottage is not left in a clean and tidy state.
• You agree to inform us of any damage, breakage or loss arising during your stay. Any items not reported as damaged or which are missing from the cottage will be charged in full.
Parking is available at the cottage for one vehicle; there is also unrestricted parking in the village a short walk from the property.
We are sorry but no pets are allowed at any time.
Wi-Fi SuperFast Broadband is available free of charge but is subject to the following restrictions:
• You agree to use the internet responsibly and not to access illegal or offensive websites. Parents are responsible for supervising their children's use of the internet.
• We cannot be held responsible for the performance or availability of the network.
Details of how to connect to the internet will be made available on arrival.
Heating is by means of modern night storage heaters, additional heating is available in the lounge by means of a wood burning stove. The first bag of logs is free of charge, additional bags can be purchased from us if required at cost. Hot water is provided by Economy 7 and immersion heater. The cost of the heating and electricity is included in the rental price.
We hope that you have no cause for complaint during your stay, but in the event that there is a problem, we ask that you contact us immediately to give us an opportunity to rectify the problem. If you feel that the problem has not been resolved, you must notify us of your complaint in writing within 7 days of the end of your stay.
In the absence of negligence on our part, the use of the cottage and its facilities is entirely at your own risk.